Friday, January 8, 2010

Country Cool at Mountain Springs Lodge


























Plain, Washington is home to one of my favorite wedding sites around, Mountain Springs Lodge. This place is totally high plateau magic, full of natural beauty and wide open spaces. When two city slickers from New York named Dan and Caitlin hired me to picture their Summer Solstice wedding there, I knew we were all in for a good time. There were tons of personal touches, like a family heirloom curtain strung in the trees, and cookies in pretty natural paper boxes at every seat of the family style tables. Then there was the bride and groom themselves, shining through their personal style with J Crew wedding and bridesmaid dresses (they had pockets, soooooooo fun!) and slick grey suits with pink checkered ties for the guys. To top it all off, my dear friend Carol Harrold honored me by being my getaway buddy and second photographer for the weekend. Seattle Parties took great care of the tunes, too, and even threw down for the impromptu after party late into the night. A perfect summer celebration.

2 comments:

Shan, Heather and Lucca said...

Look at my cute map! So glad someone else could use it...I miss you friend.

Susie Hamidi said...

Great coverage, again! Really beautiful light and you caught so many great moments. I only wish the images were bigger so I could adore every shot more!